Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's Been Going On.....

So I feel like blogging is not the same with no pictures for documentation....but oh well! I decided I needed to catch up. Last weekend, on Friday we celebrated Brita's birthday in high style!! On Saturday, we decided to have a low-key night, but you know that never happens so after sitting around the fire pit, playing flip cup, going to Salut and Taco Bell, the night ended. We had some great laughs. Where would life be without friends and laughter?!
School has been school, just busy. The kids keep it interesting everyday!
My Aunt Beth from Alaska got here last Sunday for a week. On Sunday, we had a fish fry with my family and laughed so hard we cried about my mother's driving record! I worked all week and then took off Friday for a day trip to Smackover. My mom, Aunt Beth, Aunt Linda, and I left yesterday morning about 10:30 and when we got to Smackover we just toodled around and looked at all the "sights"...ha! We also visited the Museum of Natural Resources and it was fun to hear my mom and aunts describe everything that they remembered. After several stops, we ended up in Leola at Dorey's Catfish for our lunch/dinner. It was amazing!!!! I finally made it back to LR around 8. I didn't do much because we were getting up super early to stand in line for Dave Matthews Band Tickets. We met at Derek and Heather's at 5:30 this morning!!! We thought that there would be a line... Well needless to say, Derek, Micah, and I (Heather around 6:30) sat in the car til about 9:00 before we saw anyone!! You gotta laugh. At 10:00 we were the first in line and got the exact seats we wanted. We were really excited because all 16 of our tickets are together! I worked in the yard for almost 2 hours today. I am about to go to bed since I have to get up extra early again because of the marathon. It is funny because I went from running the full, to the half, to the relay, and now half of the relay, so technically a half. It is supposed to be nice weather so I am pretty excited. Also, by the time the race finally gets here I am usually just ready to get it over with. I'll let you know how it goes, and hopefully I'll be better about the blogging?! Hope all is well......

0 comments: