Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break!!!



These are some pictures from the tulips in my backyard. Aren't they gorgeous??!! As a housewarming gift my Aunt Linda planted a bunch of bulbs in the fall. What an amazing gift because I will get to enjoy them every spring to come!! This beautiful weather and things blooming have sparked me to do a lot of work in my yard, lately. This honestly could be some sort of reality show because it is kind of a comedy of errors. Nothing goes as planned, well maybe eventually, but not the first time around..... One thing I have found, in being a homeowner and a single gal is that if you want something done you have to do it yourself, but seeing as I am not very "handy" this can be quite comical at times!!! I have so been looking forward to my spring break. I am so excited to have a week to do "nothing!" I plan on working in the yard, sewing, organizing, and RESTING!!!
On a more serious note, I started my spring break on Thursday, when I came home to find my house had been broken in to and I had been robbed. This came as quite a shock since I live on a pretty quiet street, in a pretty safe neighborhood. The person so "nicely" kicked in my front door, after they turned off my power, and cut my phone line so the alarm system wouldn't go off!! Luckily, all they took was the flat screen TV in my bedroom. It seemed as though they came in grabbed that and left. Nothing else looked tampered with....weird!! I am so thankful that Coco was ok!!! I spent the whole afternoon and early evening with the police, insurance, construction, and telephone company people. On a happier note, Kate came in town Thursday afternoon and I have spent all weekend with her. Having her here as felt like old times!! I have loved every second of it!!! I am taking her to the airport in the morning, but will get to see her in April when I go to visit.
Hope all is well.......

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG! I cant believe your house got broken into!!!!!!! What a mightmare! Like you said, thatnk goodness Coco was fine. I am sad for you, how awful! I miss you and cant wait to see you soon!

The Nuckols said...

Effie...OMG that is awful and so scary! I'm so sorry, but glad to hear you and your baby are okay.