Monday, April 25, 2016

Where Does Time Go?! Love and Loss...






So yesterday, 11 years ago, was the last time I saw my dad.  My brother had gotten married the day before and I had a Pansy Brunch (Seniors about to graduate) the following day.  My mom, dad, sister, aunt and uncle attended with me.  I still remember my dad laughing in the back as some mother's were crying and reading poems.  He always knew how to make a scene...ha!  Afterwards, we went back to my town house.  My sis's little dog was running around and we were just all visiting and laughing.  I remember it being a beautiful day and my parents had parked in a parking lot that was adjacent to my town house.  We walked out and I gave them hugs.  It never crossed my mind that it would be the last time I would hug my dad or see him for that matter. He died 6 days later in an accident at our river house/farm. 
It is crazy to me to think how it has been over a decade since I saw him or talked to him!  Time goes by so fast....  I am thankful for time in a way because that wound of hurt, pain, loss and grief seems to have healed a bit.  Am I still sad? Yes!  Do I still miss my dad desperately? Yes!  But that "take your breath away" sadness, grief and at times depression seems to have passed.  I am so grateful for the years, moments and memories I had with my dad.  I am blessed to have had a great dad who loved God, our family, his friends and the Razorbacks (ha!).
In other ways, I am not thankful for time.  This is always a sad week for me.  Not necessarily because of his death, but because it is a reminder of how quickly time passes and how long he has been gone.  11 years is a long time to miss someone! 
I have had many friends over the years lose a parent.  Whether thru terminal illness or in a sudden accident, I sympathize with them.  The pain, the feeling of loss and the grief can feel like they are engulfing you at times.  It does get better....  So thankful for my dad.  Love you so, daddy!

*Side note, I realize I am the worst blogger of all time.  I will try to do better...ha!

Have a great day!

XOXO-
EEE

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are not the worst blogger. Your the best