Sunday, February 3, 2013

30!!!!!






One of my favorite gifts....the gold phone receiver. I use it all the time!




Mom and I enjoying The Pancake Shop....my fave!




Celebrated at the races. Didn't win on the horses, but won over a $100 on a penny slot and I only put in $1!




Sisters at Oaklawn




Laughing while looking at old pics.




Drew entertaining us all.




Lighting our flying wish papers.

I turned 30 on the 28th. Wow!!!! When I was younger, 30 seemed so old and grown up. Now that I am 30 I don't feel old or grown up....ha! I love the movie "13 Going On 30." She can't wait to be "30 and flirty and thriving." I thought by 30 I would be "grown up," married, a kid(s) and know what I wanted to do with my life. Well, I am 30 and none of those things have happened. I would be lying to say I didn't wish some of those things had happened, but I am a firm believer in being happy where you are. I believe that if you don't enjoy the stage of life you're in and where you are then you'll never enjoy where you are. So instead of looking at it as not being where I thought I'd be, I decided to make a list of unplanned/unexpected things I've done and where I am at 30.

Bought my own home 4 1/2 years ago.
Ran 4 full marathons, 5 half-marathons and countless races.
Taught for 7 years and counting (never planned on being a teacher).
Moved to Wyoming without knowing a soul, at 29 years old.
Lived almost 8 years without my sweet Daddy!

I had a great time celebrating with friends and family. My sweet sissy even came for the weekend! We went to Oaklawn and my mom cooked a big dinner for us after. It was a blast! I celebrated on Monday with my GG group. We ended the night by lighting flying wish papers. Sure hope my wish comes true. :) I am so blessed with the most fabulous friends and loving family. I am thankful for the first 30 years and look forward to the unexpected adventure, called life, to come.

Hope all is well....

EEE
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments: