So I stole this post from the blog A Piece of Toast. It made me laugh out loud, but made me think what are my talents. I attempted to make a list of my own, outside the realm of singing and dancing (not terrible at either, but wouldn't list them as talents). So read her post and then scroll down and read mine.....
My talents (in no particular order): organizing (closets, kitchens, clutter and the like); getting knots out of dainty necklaces; painting my own nails; taking good notes with good handwriting; making a bed; folding laundry; making lists; hanging wall art (
Talents I wish I had: natural photography skills and editing know-how; signing (nothing professional, but enough of a voice that I can sing lullabies to my future children and not sound like a wounded cat); dancing (I had big dreams to be on my High School's dance team - epic fail); public speaking (I'm actually getting better at this! But sometimes I still break out in hives and my voice changes into this girly, shaking version that freaks me out); making playlists; holding my alcohol.
So now you know - I can color coordinate your closet but I can't make you a playlists of killer music or sing along to one either. We all have our things, I just wish that the Miss America contestants would have really shocked me with something like incredibly fast HTML coding, mixing paint colors perfectly with only primary colors, or talking in voices/doing impressions.
Effie's talents (don't get me wrong I am not tooting my own horn, but these are things that I think I do well)....
Curling hair and getting that good wave look, putting together outfits/my style (don't get me wrong there are days when I feel blah), my creativity (I paint, draw, sew, etc.), tech savvy, psycho cleaner, cooking/making up recipes, driving with my knee (recently had someone compliment me on this....no lie!), thank you note writing, horse racing handicapping
Talents I wish I possessed.....
Accepting compliments (not sure if this could be deemed a talent, but I am beyond bad at it), hair styling skills (I may be able to curl my hair, but that is it....I have 2 hairstyles....down and a pony), photography, organization (not completely unorganized, but could use some help)
Hope this makes you think about your talents in a different light.
Hope all is well....
EEE
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Talents....totally random
Posted by Effie at 6:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment