As I am about to embark on my Western adventure, I had this thought.... Keep in mind that this thought came to me while running at 4:30 a.m. I was jamming out to some Indie rock band when 2 songs in a row came on about "home." This made me think about all the songs in my iTunes library in reference to home. As I leave home/Arkansas for 3 months, I am both excited and sad. Mostly excited, but sad to be away from friends and family and up until a week from now I have never been outside the state of Arkansas for more than 3 weeks to a month. I've traveled a lot, but never for an extended period of time.
Here are the songs I have in my iTunes library about HOME and some sample lyrics....
(Apparently everyone from rappers to country stars like to go home and even the most recent winner of American Idol Phillip Phillips.)
"Home" by Daughtry
"I'm going home to the place where I belong...."
"Home is Not Places" by Apache Relay
"Home is not places it is love...."
"Coming Home" by Diddy
"Tell the world I'm coming home. I'm back where I belong, never felt so strong."
"(Far From) Home" by Tiga D.F.A. Remix
"As far as I go, as far as I know, I've always got a place called home."
Love this song....it's featured in the "Make it Count" Nike ad where the guy travels the world. If you haven't seen the video check it out on YouTube. It's awesome!
"Coming Home" by Gwyneth Paltrow from the movie Country Strong
"After all of my running, I'm finally coming home."
"I'll be Home for Christmas" by Michael Buble
For those of you who know me and my obsession with Christmas music, I had to throw this one in....ha!
"Home" by Phillip Phillips
"Know your not alone because I'm going to make this place your home."
Happy Memorial Day and thank you to the men and women who are serving and have served our country!!!!!
Hope all is well....
- EEE
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Sunday, May 27, 2012
Home....
Posted by Effie at 12:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment