Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Was Running

Me before running the Dallas Whiterock Marathon
So this Wednesday, June 3rd is National Running Day. As most of you know, I am a runner. I ran track in high school and then didn't run for about 4 years in college, but since I have lived in Little Rock (almost 4 years) I run amost everyday. Here is a list of my running accomplishments... I placed 88th out of 40,000 in the Susan G. Komen Race For the Cure. Completed 2 half-marathons and a full marathon. I am always training for something. I love to run because it is something you can do anywhere, anytime. It allows me to think and listen to some good tunes! You can just be a casual runner or serious and compete in races, etc. I remember when I couldn't even run for more than 10 minutes and now I can run 26 miles without stopping! Check it out online. There could be an event in your area. If you live in Little Rock, meet at Murray Park at 6 a.m. for a 3 mile group run. This Wednesday hit the pavement or treadmill even if it is just for a few minutes. Only 4 days of school left!!
Hope all is well....

2 comments:

The Nuckols said...

Congrats! That is awesome! I wish I was a runner!

In This Wonderful Life said...

88th of of 40k is awesome! good job!