Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blame it on the Rain

My students' Obama paintings.
Harper "watering" the plants.

Do I look like Ebbie?

Some of my favorite girls!!!

So I haven't posted anything in awhile and I am blaming it on the rain. When I woke up this morning and saw how pretty it was I wanted to start crying because I am so excited!!! There is so much to catch up on so I am going to break this post down into sections and give updates that way.
1. School: I only have 13 days left!!!! I am ready for school to be out, but I have had such a great year that it also makes me kind of sad. We have been so fortunate to learn about 2 artists and then their work has been exhibited in LR. Taking the kids to see stuff they have learned about and tried to recreate and then see the real thing has been really cool! Also, I have received several compliments on the quality of the work my students produce and what a great reflection that is on me. Most recently we have been studying the artist Peter Max. I am posting a close-up shot of my students recreation of his 44 Obama paintings......so cool!
2. Family: All of the fam is well! Mom has been jet-setting a lot this month. My Aunt Beth graduated the 1st weekend in May and mom went out to celebrate this amazing accomplishment. I am so proud of her! Mother's Day weekend Mom, Granny Sue, Coco and I drove up to Bentonville for the weekend. It was so great to see my Nanny and my brother and Robin. My sister, Chris, and the babies drove over for Sunday lunch. My mom and I were talking about how we cannot remember the last time that all 3 of us kids had been together for Mother's Day! I know it was special for her.
3. Me: So far May has been a month of celebrating. We started with Boogies bday, then Drew's bday. Both were a lot of fun and I know Cantina Laredo hasn't recovered since! This past weekend we celebrated Brita's med school graduation. I could not be more proud of her and I cannot believe one of my best friends is a Doctor!!! (Does this mean we are getting older?) Sarah came in town to help us celebrate so we have really enjoyed all getting to hang out all weekend! Also, this week my friend Kirby was in town and we went for a run and then got to visit just a little bit. It was so great to see her and we were laughing about how we met at Girl's State almost 10 years ago and have stayed friends ever since. I have to thank Facebook for the reconnection. Supper Club will be ending this week with the Season finale of GG. I'm really looking forward to Memorial Day and can't believe Summer is already here. I'm also posting a few pics from Mother's Day. It's hard to believe that I'm coming up on the 1 year anniversary of this blog...I'll try to do better. Gotta go soak up some of this sunshine!
Hope all is well......

0 comments: