Monday, April 13, 2009

My favorite season has ended....

Saturday, was the Arkansas Derby. This is the last day of my favorite season......."race" season. It couldn't have been a more perfect day. The weather was absolutely beatiful and we spent most of the day in the infield. This is the first time I have ever gone out there and it was great! There were so many people there and it was great to see some people that I don't get to see often. Stephanie and Jimbo were there and it was great to see them since their engagement. Her ring is fabulous!!! Katie and three of her friends from Springfield came down and WOW! We had so much fun! After the races on Saturday, we went out to Jack Whitbeck's for the "after the races" tradition. This is the 3rd year Jack has had people over and the 2nd year I have gone. It was a lot of fun! At school the other day my friend Molly let me have/use a camera someone had donated to her classroom. As you all know, my camera broke and I still haven't replaced it.... The best part is that this is not a new camera, but an old-school Polaroid (prints right then) it had a strap and all!! Right around the last race I decided it was time to break it out. Needless to say, it was a huge hit and I used all the film. The only downfall to this camera is the film is rather expensive. I might have to save it for special occasions only. Yesterday, my mom and I got up and went to church. After church, we went for Easter lunch with the Blaggs, Allbrittons, and the Shepherds. The food was great and my mom and I so appreciated them including us! I was so tired from the weekend I didn't drive back til this morning. This week is already shaping up to be busy!!! Going to Fayetteville this weekend and NYC the next. I am really excited about both trips! Wait, where did April go?
Hope all is well.....

1 comments:

Kim Dierks said...

Had SO much fun...cant wait to do it again soon! Tell Deb thanks again for the ride! :)
xoxo