Monday, August 18, 2014

And The Adventures Continue......

Drinks at the Top of the Gondola

 The Dirty Dozen Brass Band....loved this guy's Piggly Wiggly shirt.
Coco had a rough Monday.

Gorgeous sunset in Ashton, Idaho. 

At the start line of the Grand Teton Relay

Gorgeous wheat fields.

Breathtaking!

Jamie and I.

At the exchange....

I was running.....

Jamie and I started late night dance parties at the exchanges to help us stay awake. 

Coco spent the weekend with her husband.




 We finished!!!! So proud of our team!

Went to the most beautiful hidden lake yesterday. 

 The water was stunning.
We have officially named it Unicorn Lake.


Coco joined in the fun, too.



Winnie and I had some quality time on the paddleboard together.  I love her so!



Tiff and all the pups!!!


This week/weekend was jam packed!  I started last week off attempting to go paddle boarding.  Grover the LandRover (my car) decided to break down and so I never quite made it to the lake.  Sunday evening, I went to hear the Dirty Dozen Brass Band play at Teton Village.  They were amazing, as always, and it made me miss home!  I worked the rest of the week and tried to rest up for the race this weekend.  We left Thursday afternoon and went to Ashton, Idaho.  We stayed at this beautiful place called the Hess Museum.  I ran the Grand Teton Relay.  It started in Ashton and 180 miles later ended in Teton Village.  I was on a team of 12 people and ran about 20 miles total.  My friend Jamie (my first Wyoming friend from 3 years ago) and I had a lot of fun!  We were tired by the end, but it was a cool experience.  Saturday, late afternoon, I picked up Coco, went home and unpacked and tried to get some much needed rest.  Yesterday, after church, Curt, Tiff, Winnie, all the dogs and I went to some hidden lake down a VERY long dirt road.  The 2 hour drive was well worth it.  The water was gorgeous, the weather was perfect and it was a much needed recharge day.  God has blessed me beyond belief with their friendship!  I was feeling a little sad yesterday and missing my mom and fam.  It is hard to not be able to go home on a whim.  I LOVE living here and know it is where God wants me, but sometimes I would love to just pop home for the weekend.  I truly consider them family and the time I spend with them is beyond priceless!!!  Soaking up the summer fun and looking forward to our first Unicorn Club weekend in 2 weeks!!!
Hope all is well....

EEE 

0 comments: